Blog Post #10

 Hey, everyone! I hope November is treating you well. If you are not happy with the way your week is going, you already know what I am about to say... it's not too late to change it! ☺

Data Collection (Surveys)

    Throughout this class, I have stuck to being a fourth grade teacher for the most part, and I am growing to love it. I plan to use surveys to collect data about what they think is going well in the class and what is not. Even though they are only fourth graders, I believe that their opinion matters, and I want to do everything I can to make the classroom suitable for them. In addition, I would use surveys as a check for understanding to make sure my students are comprehending what I am teaching them. I believe surveys will be very beneficial by giving me data as a guide of what I need to change in my classroom so that my students will be as comfortable and efficient as possible. 

Interesting Topics from my Classmate's Blogs 

    First of all, I loved reviewing my classmates' blogs. All of them were so creative with their designs. I found that font is so important. If you use too many different fonts, it can start to become distracting. Furthermore, when I explored their website design, I was blown away at the organization and creativity. Each website was very easy to find the different pages, and I never felt lost when I was reviewing their website designs. The aesthetic is also very important, and all of my classmates used very modern designs. this is important to keep the viewers engaged. Overall, I loved reviewing my classmates' blogs, and I hope they will implement them in their future classrooms because I think the parents and students will benefit from it. 

What do I want to learn next?

    I would love to learn more about everything I can do with my blog. I love that you can add a Twitter page, other blog pages, and you can protect your blog with a Creative Commons license. I am truly looking forward to having a blog for my future class, and I want to be able to use the blog to its fullest potential. I am sure it will take a little bit of practice for me to discover new things about a platform such as this. If I can't figure it out through practice, I am sure I can find some helpful videos on YouTube. 

Thank you for reading this far. I hope the rest of your week goes well. Stay healthy and stay safe! See you next week.
-Hannah

Comments