Blog Post #8

Hey there, everyone! I hope your week is going well, and if it isn't, it's not too late to change it! ☺

Web Design Assignment

    I enjoyed the web design assignment just as much as I enjoyed the newsletter design assignment. I have learned through this class that I really enjoy creating things for my imaginary class and parents to look at. I will definitely have my own website when I have a class of my own in the future. One of my favorite things that I learned was how to connect a Google calendar to a website that is automatically updated whenever you add events to it. I love that, and I know that the parents of my students will benefit greatly from this because they will be able to easily keep up with assignments and different class events. I also loved that you can create different pages so that everything is organized. I like this feature because if it was all on one page, all the information would run together and it may be confusing. That is the last thing I want for my parents and students. I want my website to be as easily accessible as possible. I cannot wait to implement the things I learned from this assignment to my class website in the future.

Link to my website design here.

Diigo 

    I have pretty neutral feelings towards Diigo. I think it can be very beneficial to share annotated documents with other teachers and coworkers if you are working on a project or if you just wanted to point out important points in a document. Also, I can see where it could be beneficial to share long documents with others when you only found a few points important. I can see myself using this program occasionally in my future career to save documents, annotate documents, and share documents, but I do not think it will be something that I use on a daily basis. Maybe I will be surprised in the future by how much I use it, but overall, I am glad that I learned about this program and how to use it. I know that if any of my coworkers ever need a program similar to this, I will definitely suggest Diigo for them to use. 

Technology and Teacher Professional Development

    Here is a link to a website to a blog that gives a list of new technology that is entering the field of education. This would be a good blog to follow because it gives a list as well as a description to new technology resources. It is so important for current teachers as well as future teachers to keep up with the technology changes and trends because teachers are responsible for introducing students to the new technology. As long as teachers keep up with trends and are trained properly, then there should be little to no issues when using the new technology in the classroom. New technology is exciting, and we as teachers are very fortunate that we get to use it to advance our teaching and make learning more accessible for students.

Thank you for reading this far! I hope you have a great rest of your week, and I will talk to you next week in November!!!!! 😱I cannot believe it!
-Hannah

Comments

  1. Hi Hannah, I really like your website! I love how its organized and how its so easy to find everything. I think you did a great job designing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah! I love the design of your website. I can tell you worked really hard on it and I think it would be great for a fourth grade class. The design is age appropriate for students and I really liked that you included several pictures of those who are important to you. It really added a personal touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hannah, the first thing I noticed was the name of your website which was super cute! Your quote of the day was also an amazing feature I'm jealous I didn't think of- its a great way to encourage and uplift students. You used the same easily readable font throughout and all of your information was formatted in a way that made sense. You did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, wow. Hi again! Your website was fantastic. The first thing I noticed when scrolling through was your choice to include a "quote of the day" which is something I can appreciate and I kind of envy you for not thinking of that myself. Moreover, I like that you included lots of photos which really speak to your personality and interests (cute dogs btw)! Overall, your design is really clean and easily comprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hanna, loved the design of your website. It was really well organized, and I liked the sort of sand colored background you chose, it gave the site a really unique look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment