Blog Post #7

 Hey there, everyone!  I hope your week is going well. If it isn't, it's not too late to change it! ☺

Teacher Pages on A School Website

    I took a look at my high school's web page and checked out their individual teacher websites. It seemed to me as if the teacher were given a template and were expected to fill it in because all of the websites were very similar. Information that was available to see publicly included a picture of themselves (some had one, others did not), a link for their syllabus, their schedule including what they teach throughout the say and what period their planning is, some fun facts about them, and links to their Google classroom pages for each class period. I love that they included some fun facts about them because it really lets their personality shine through. Also, that allows them to add something fun to their website because most of their website is expected to be factual and strictly about school. 

 

Teacher Productivity Tools

    By the time I become a teacher, in about 4 or so years, I imagine that technology will be even more advanced than it already is. Probably the teacher productivity tool that I will rely on the most is Google Drive because it is free, meaning my students will be able to use it, and I like that it is very easy to share documents with others through Google Drive. Also, all of the Google apps are very similar to the Microsoft ones, so they should be very easy to use. Not only will I be able to share documents with my students, but I will also be able to share them with my fellow students or administration if they wish to access it. Another app that I think I will be using is Trello. I imagine that, as a teacher, I will have a lot of work to do, and I will be issuing assignments and tests. This may be hard to keep track of, but Trello helps you stay organized with everything that you have coming up. It basically gives you an overview of everything that needs to be done, as well as the order it should be done in. You can invite other teachers to view your lists as well which may be beneficial for those teaching the same subject as you, or those that you may be collaborating with. I am sure that between the time of now to when I am a teacher I will discover many more program, but those are just the ones that seem the most beneficial to me right now.

My Experience with PB Works

    Last week, we had to do a website evaluation through a wiki platform, also known as PB Works. To be honest, I wasn't very impressed, and I probably will not use this website again, at least not by choice. 😂I liked the idea of it, like the fact that it had different pages, but the website overall was very hard to use and navigate. Even my group members agreed. In addition, it wasn't very aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and it looked like it had been designed many years ago and never updated. Even though I did not enjoy working with PB Works, it taught me that you won't always be comfortable with every program that you work with, but you can still do your best to learn the program and make the best of it. 

Thank you for reading this far! Again, I hope you have a great week, and as always, I'll talk to you next week. 

-Hannah

Comments