Introduction - Blog Post #1

    Greetings, everyone! My name is Hannah Allison, I am 20 years old (my birthday is February 10th, and I am an Aquarius), and this is my third year at FSU. I hope to begin the Special Education program in Fall 2021, and finish with my Bachelor's and Master's degree sometime in 2024. I am very excited for this journey! So...let me tell you a little bit about me. I am from Jacksonville, FL. My parents are divorced so I live with my mom, brother, and papa (grandpa) when I am in Jacksonville, but I just got my first apartment in Tallahassee, and I plan on living here until I finish my education. My favorite color is yellow. I have four tattoos, 2 flowers on my shoulder, an aztec-like design on my sternum, and a butterfly on my back with the quote "grow through what you go through" down my spine. I love tattoos! One of my favorite hobbies is cooking. I am always cooking something in the kitchen. I find cooking to be extremely therapeutic for me. Most of the time when my TV is on I am watching some sort of cooking show. My favorites are Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen. I have 2 brothers. My brother, Carlos, is adopted, and he is 18 years old. My brother, Hunter, is biological, and he is 17 years old. I love my brothers very much, and I do not know what I would do without them. I have 3 dogs at home: Aubie (named after the Auburn Tigers) is a mix between a golden retriever and a cocker spaniel who we rescued in 2009. He is now around 12 years old. He favors my mom the most. Noley (named after the one and only Florida State Seminoles) is a black mouth cur who we rescued in 2016. She is now around 6-7 years old. She favors me the most, and I hope she can move in with me soon. Ginger (named for her color) is a miniature dachshund who my papa adopted in February 2019. She is turning 4 years old in December. She favors my brother, Hunter, the most even though she was originally my papa's dog. One of my biggest dreams is being a mother, and as crazy as it sounds, I have always wanted 7 kids. It will be interesting to see how many I actually end up having, whether that be naturally or by adoption. Overall, my family is the most important thing to me, and I enjoy living life. 

    As for technology in an education setting, I haven't really used much technology in the classroom. I have used the obvious ones such as a laptop, Canvas, and YouTube, but not much else beyond that point. In my ENC 2135 class we had to use Twitter for an assignment which was very unique and interesting. I am looking forward to learning of different technology that is available for me use through this class. 

    The technology that I have used and my personal learning networks truly go hand-in-hand. Some resources that I use to support my learning include Canvas, Microsoft Office (specifically Microsoft Outlook), my classmates, my TA, my professor, and my advisor. For this class specifically, I can use my mom to support my personal learning network because she is a teacher, and she can give me some insight from a teacher's perspective. Additionally, my roommate supports my learning goals by helping me study, mostly through quizzing me on different material, and encouraging me to do my schoolwork. 

Comments

  1. I love the quote "grow through what you go through" and I love everything about food! :) Actually, you're already familiar with some of the technologies which is awesome! You also experienced using Twitter for an assignment that sounds quite interesting. Teacher mom would be a wonderful resource. Look forward to how you develop your PLN and learning from your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah! I loved reading through your post and I'm obsessed with the set up of your blog, it's so cute!! When they started out both of my parents worked as special Ed teachers and have told me about how rewarding it is to work with those amazing kids, I'm excited for you and think that you will truly love it. It takes a really amazing person to work with those students, and from reading your blog posts, it seems like you are the perfect fit. I also got my first apartment this past year and it was a great experience, I adored living on my own and having my own space to expand and grow, I hope that you are loving your new home! My favorite color is also yellow and I love tattoos (I have two so far but am definitely going to get more soon), I think they are a great method of self expression. One of my favorite ways to destress is to bake, even though I'm not very good at it, and I spend about 50% of my time watching Chopped, The best thing I ever ate, and The Great British baking show, along with pretty much every other show available on the Foodnetwork. I don't know if you go on YouTube a lot, but I really enjoy binging with Babish, bon Appetit, and worth it- I totally recommend that you check those channels out! My parents have two dogs and a cat, and I have a cat of my own named Finn, I grew up with animals constantly in the house and have always been passionate about rescuing them. I know you said it might sound cray that you've always wanted to be a mother and want 7 kids, but I can totally relate. I have wanted to be a mother ever since I can remember and I want to adopt all of my children (I think its great that your brother is adopted and that you are open to adopting some of your children as well!). I cant wait to read more of your blog posts and get to know you more as the semester progresses. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment